The VALE Executive Committee has developed a list of preferred terms for license agreements that were included in vendor negotiations for database subscriptions.
Following are links to pdf versions of the current VALE licenses as well as a summary grid to provide a quick overview of VALE database licenses. This summary should not substitute for legal interpretation nor a complete reading of the licenses.
The grid and database licenses for 2006-2007 are password restricted. For username and password contact Judy Avrin at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that since the licenses are confidential care should be taken not to post excerpts onto unsecured web pages.
- APA - PsycARTICLES / PsycINFO
- Bowker - Books in Print / Global Books in Print
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- GALE - Health Reference Center / Literature Resource Center / Opposing Viewpoints
- Lexis Nexis - LexisNexis Academic
- Ovid - Lippincott Williams & Wilkins Journals / Social Work Abstracts
- Oxford Art / Oxford Music / Oxford English Dictionary
- Proquest - ABI Inform / Criminal Justice Periodicals Index / Ethnic NewsWatch / Gender Watch, Historical New York Times/ Literature Online / PQ Journal Collections
- Sage Publications - CQ Researcher / Historic Documents Series Online Edition
- Waldo - ACM Digital Library / Computing Reviews
- Wiley - Encyclopedia of Life Science